Saturday 24 March 2007

Saturday and no kids

Both the kids at there dads for the weekend, pure bliss.

OK they had a meeting about Chris's options for school last Tuesday and what they have offered looks quite good. If we can get what they have offered I will be stoked, I can not write to much at the moment as I am not sure who reads this but we are looking at teacher aid hours, a great school, so cross fingers/toes etc. Will hopefully know more after Thursday.

Oh yeah we also got $200 approved for Chris's horseriding lessons, so thanks Halberg Trust and also we have managed to get his meds paid for by his Disability allowance which is another great thing, because I was really wondering how I was going to pay for this all. His Concerta is about $145 a month.

Watched Shortland Street with great interest on Thursday and Friday and must admit I found it ok, yes there were times where they could have changed a few words around, to explain TS slightly better but it is the media so what else can you expect. But hey it has given me the perfect opportunity to promote the site and it is working I am getting new people hitting it everyday and people have even made contact..... so that's all cool. I have emailed Close Up and Good Morning, and offered to talk to them about TS.

Chris's meds we are still fiddling with, on the weekends, he does not get the extra Rubifen and on the days he has school (his tech. classes)he gets 10mgs and the other days 5 mgs, I have also been giving him the Rubifen about 8.15am and that means we are ready for school or correspondence work they have kicked in nicely, certainly a huge difference between the 5mgs and 10mgs so will proberly stay with that and like I said before add the tic med.

His tics are still there, no verbal tics actually well very few, every now and then they just pop out a few times a day but nothing major, though right now he is having lot and lots of facial tics, especially in his eyes not good when he has Keratoconus. Oh well only 3 weeks till we go back to the psyc. doctor.

Oh yeah had the most wonderful moment the other night, Steph had a friend over and usually this is dynamite for Chris annoying them etc, but since being on the Concerta the nights have been bliss we are not getting those real highs and lows, anyway he was in there playing with them about 8pm and I kept checking (Yeah habit) but Steph his sister kept saying Mum Chris is fine he is playing really nice with us. I was so happy and in all honesty can not ever remember a time at night when he would play with the the girls nicely before. And this I can thank the Concerta for, so if you are having trouble with Ritalin etc with the extreme highs and lows I recommend you give this a try. I know it wont work for everyone, but hey for us it is nearly perfect.

Anyway no kids so going to go and mow the lawns and do the gardens Yeah NOT!!!!!~!

No comments: