Wednesday 14 March 2007

One of those days

Wednesday
Ever have one of those days you wish you could just snuggle in bed all day well today is one of them for me. Today being Wednesday Chris's teacher turned up and talk about not being on task GGGGRRRRRRRR. I have no idea why we had two great days and today it has all turned to custard. It seems the added 10 mgs of the Rubifen has increased the tics, he has this horrible breathing one back which freaks me out it is like he is gasping for breath. I am not sure what to do - maybe he is just feeling under the weather.
Thursday
Well have made a decision to stop the added Rubifen as his tics were even worse today, and his focus was not much better so we talked about it and decided no Rubifen tomorrow. We managed to get an appointment with the psychiatrist tomorrow as they had a cancellation to discuss what if anything we can do different. Why does he have to have TS plus why can't he just have ADHD or TS........ I mean the ADHD meds work great and I don't want to give them up and we know that Chris can handle stim meds up to 40 mgs before his tics get worse, so we need to work around that. Today the poor kid was sweating and hot because he was continuously ticcing. I was doing some research on the net today re: meds and have found that concerta is tri released and 22% gets released first which means 22% of a 36 mg tab means he is only getting approx. 9 mgs in the am, whereas before he was getting 30mgs on the Ritalin in the morning and 10mgs in the afternoon, so this would explain why he is not focussed etc in the morning...........

If anyone out there has any ideas re: meds leave me a message, I would so love to know what has worked for others. I am really wondering if it is worth trying Strattera again.

Anyway catch you all tomorrow after the pdoc appointment.

No comments: