Saturday 19 May 2007

Kids are in Auckland

Was beginning to think Chris would not be going as we decided that if the Concerta had not arrived then he would not be going.... Anyway 5 minutes before we were due to leave the pharmacist rang and said his meds had arrived.
What I could not believe is the difference in him especially with his vocal tics, they were loud now this is the first time that we have been without his ADHD meds since the tics have gotten so much worse, is motor tics were hardly noticeable but full on vocal tics all day and all different ones.... it was really interesting.
Have an appointment at CAMHS for Steph on July 6th, so am pleased about that. Her tics don't seem to have gotten any worse, but still tics daily but just less obvious than Chris. Her teacher is also pleased we have a referral, as she has some concerns too. She is actually in a cast now, she fractured her arm, so she is not happy because she is not allowed to ride. We go back on Tuesday and they will decided if she needs another cast or not.
Well heard back from the Women's Weekly and they are not prepared to do anything about the story, as it is her personal account of a story here is the letter that I responded to again and have not heard anything surprise surprise

There response: "This was Audrey and her family's story and told from a personal angle. Every case is different, as you know. Please feel free to send a letter which can be considered for our letters page"

My response:
"Yes I understand it is a personal story told from a personal angle, but I also feel that the Women's Weekly has some responsibility in making sure that the correct information is put out there. I feel that you have chosen to publish the story, that you have a responsibility there.
Another words anyone can write anything no matter how inaccurate the story is..........
Yes every case of Tourette Syndrome is different but there is no way that what was described in that story was just Tourette Syndrome and that is my concern. Like I said I have had parents contact me worried that what your story portrayed is Tourette Syndrome. I am having to reassure them that, that is not the case.
Also on a personal level for my son it is stories like this, that make it hard for him, as it is such inaccurate information.
People with Tourette Syndrome DO NOT behave like this child.
Now that I am aware that the Women's Weekly is just gossip and not accountable journalism I will no longer be buying it and I shall be informing others of your shallow approach to stories."
So I have sent a letter to the letters page......GGGRRRRR.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our product.

If you agree we will send you a product sample so that you can try it and then write a review about it.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you