Friday 13 April 2007

Had our psyc. appointment

Well Chris did actually and all in all it went great - no change in medication we talked about the tics and have decided to try and teach Chris how to handle the tics rather that use meds. Also we discussed when school starts that Chris goes in from 10.30am - 12.20pm rather than the first morning block, where everything is busy and also then we don't need to add the morning med of Rubifen as the Concerta will have kicked in by then, which in return means his tics won't increase because of the stim meds.

We also discussed a few ideas about his OCD and we decided to have one night a week we will eat as a family meal at the table, and if he gags and pukes and doesn't eat so be it. We will make it a fun meal and we decided tomorrow night was a good night as his OCD seems to be in a waning period at the moment, so tomorrow night we are going with the Dutch theme. I will not do a complicated meal where I have to touch the food but a simple meal where hopefully we can all eat at the table. The goal is to eat all together without him puking.

Anyway am feeling pretty good about it all, maybe it was the break from the kids, maybe the psychiatrist has changed my way of thinking don't know but know I will go with it for now anyway.

1 comment:

LaurieM said...

Hi Jaxx,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I must say, I think we are much luckier than you as Luke's TS is less obtrusive. Plus he doesn't have so many other conditions. You have my sympathy and best wishes for you and your family.

Laurie