Wednesday 18 March 2009

Wednesday.... 18th March 09

Just a couple of photos of Chris at the Special Olympics school swimming the other week.. got to love that smile :-)



Well got a phonecall from school yesterday at about 11am could I come and pick Chris up his neck was so sore, so picked him up after a meeting I had for him at lunchtime, gave him Brufen and into bed slept all afternoon, got up for a couple of hours and then back to bed to sleep.

I think the hardest thing I find with his ticcing is the pain and exhaustion that goes with it when he tic's badly..... he has woken up and his neck is still tight and stiff.... and he says it is still really sore so not sure if he will go in to school today or not.... it is a good thing I don't have a job.... Yesterday I had a meeting, and then I had to go get him at 12pm, today I have his IEP (or whatever they are called, GSE change the names of stuff all the time) at school and then have Jan from Youth Horizons coming to work with Chris on some OCD stuff this afternoon. Tomorrow have another meeting for him so tell me how I am suppose to fit a job in there as well..... Monday we have an appointment at the hospital with the psychological services at the public hospital - and no it is not the Child Adolescent Mental Health team - have no idea who they are an appointment card came yesterday in the mail was going to ring and find out who they are but hey might leave it for a surprise.... lol.

As Chris said yesterday oh well the TV cameras will have good coverage of him ticcing if he is still like this on Friday..... I said the one thing I love about Attitude is that they are not there to film him ticcing (unlike some other TV programs we have been approached for) they are here to film him as a person.... and on that note my day begins so catch you later all :-).

What I love about Chris is that when people ask about his tics, he just causually says "oh I am going through a waxing period with my tics" whereas a few years ago, he would not go anywhere cause he was so embaressed about them but now he accepts they are part of him and will just talk about a lot of his stuff now......and we all know that once these kids accept there disabilites they are the ones that will best educate the public.....

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sounds like Chris has a really great attitidue to it all. Hope the tics start to ease soon for him.