Tuesday 18 November 2008

Decisions have been made....

Chris had another rough day, and I was rung up at about 11.15am to come and get him, after an emergency meeting Chris will only be going to school minimal hours. He will be doing 2 mornings a week at Otumoetai College and will do a couple of hours at the Intermediate, he will have to have a teacher aid with him at all times and we are hoping to get some additional hours, his current teacher aid will go with him to the college. So today we went and got him a uniform so he looks the same as the other kids. He is ticcing like crazy and the kids were teasing him like crazy today about it. It just breaks my heart when the kids do this.

I am trying to get hold of the Psychiatrist to see if we can up his anti-depressants to get through this.

I am tired and exhausted from all this.... I am sick of battling the education system to find a place where my boy will fit. As for the High and Complex Needs they have decided yet again to get the application up and running again, I think they finally have realised that he has high and complex needs, what I don't understand is why it took him to start self harming again and hit depression for them to realise this.

No comments: